What is your personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from the very sensitive (eg. criminal history, medical history or condition) to the everyday information (eg. full name, address, and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements.
Why is your personal information collected?
Your personal information will be collected by the experienced team of consultants at Aktrapid. It is collected and held to assist Aktrapid in determining your suitability for work placements. It is also used for staff management and in order to identify any training requirements.
How will your information be collected?
Personal information will be collected from you directly when you fill out and submit one of our registration forms or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration. Personal information will also be collected when:
- we receive any reference about you
- we receive the results of any competency or medical test
- we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative)
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace
- we receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved
- you provide us with any additional information about you
How will your information be used?
Your personal information may be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible work placement
- your performance appraisals
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- our identification of your training needs
- any workplace rehabilitation
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal information
Who might your personal information be disclosed to?
- potential and actual employers and clients of Aktrapid
- other member organizations of the Chandler Services Group
- our insurers
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal information
- a workers compensation body
- our contractors and suppliers (eg. IT contractors and database designers)
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
How can you gain access to your personal information that we hold?
Under privacy legislation you have a right to see any personal information about you that we may hold. If you are able to establish that any of the information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up to date we will take reasonable steps to correct this.
How is your personal information stored?
Aktrapid takes all reasonable steps to ensure that information held in paper or electronic form is secure, and that it is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. All staff at Aktrapid will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is only used for recruitment purposes or disclosed to other organisations to the extent necessary for our business purposes. When personal information is no longer required it will be destroyed.
Inquiries or Feedback?
If you have any questions or concerns about our commitment to your privacy, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Phone: 03 9656 9777