Why Join Aktrapid?
Join Aktrapid Nursing Agency today and be part of a leading nursing agency in Melbourne!
At Aktrapid, we can offer positions that suit your lifestyle and professional experiences. We offer temporary, contract and permanent employment opportunities to suit your needs. Aktrapid Nursing Agency also allows you access to access to a variety of opportunities with a range of facilities and organisations.
Employees of Aktrapid also enjoy:
- Weekly wages and great pay rates so you can be assured you get what you are worth!
- Flexible working hours and locations. You decide when and which area you’d like to work.
- Professional support – we can provide you with tips to ensure your resume and interview techniques are top class.
- Consultants that care! Aktrapid are focussed on your safety at work and encourage our staff to consult with us regularly about OH&S issues.
- Any testing or assessments conducted with Aktrapid is provided to you. This way you can build a portfolio of results for the future.
Who Can Apply?
No matter your level of qualification, Aktrapid has a job opportunity for you! If you’re looking for a casual nursing job according to your availability or a permanent position with one of our fantastic clients, don’t hesitate to apply now.
Who Can Apply With Aktrapid?
- Personal Care Attendants (PCA)
- Endorsed Enrolled Nurses (EEN)
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Nurse Immuniser
- Specialist Nurses
- Nurse Practitioners
Since it is vital that all staff undergo continual Professional Development, Aktrapid offers CPR and Manual Handling Theory courses annually for all staff. These are held at our head office and nurses will receive a list of dates the sessions are being offered in advance.
Aktrapid has the advantage of having complete access to its own training organisation. Aktrapid and Chandler Training offer a variety of health, administration and management courses for staff who are looking to upskill or retrain. A sample of the health courses on offer include:
- Nursing Worker Safety
- Emergency Management in Nursing
- Elder Abuse (coming soon)
- CPR & Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Infection Control
- Manual Tasks for Health Care Workers
- Medication Management
- First Aide Refresher
- General management
Head over to www.chandlertraining.com.au for a full list of available courses.
Our Registration Process
Aktrapid takes pride in the experience and quality of our nursing and allied health staff. To become a fully registered member, an applicant will go through the following processes and checks:
- Resume submitted and screened for relevant qualifications and experience
- Phone interview conducted to assess basic suitability for open position
- Invitation to a face-to-face interview in the CBD is made. Applicants are required to bring with them:
- All relevant certificates (which are then photocopied and kept on file)
- Current police check (Compulsory for all applicants) – if applicants do not have a current check, an application form can be completed at interview and sent off. Applicants cannot commence work until the clearance comes back.
- Working With Children Check Victoria (Compulsory for applicants whose job role may expose them to children)
- Bank account details
- 100 points of ID
- Tax file number
- Superannuation details
- A statutory declaration is signed at interview to state that they do not have a criminal record.
- A full interview is conducted with questions designed to assess the applicants working style, ethic, history and personality. Only if the candidate passes the face-to-face interview stage are they asked to fill in Aktrapid’s registration paperwork.
- Successful RN’s and EEN’s are then required to pass a short drug administration calculations test to ensure competency
- Successful candidate is then provided with an Aktrapid ID badge and docket book and put through an agency induction
- 2 relevant Australian reference checks are completed
- The file is entered into our online system and the newly registered staff member is invited to submit their availability for upcoming shifts
The process of multiple interviews and reference checks may seem arduous however we find that only applicants who are serious about their work and attending shifts will bother to complete the process meaning we start out with the best of the best!